To be effective in the nursery school, both as teachers and as caregivers, an agreement between the school and parents is essential. The following are specific policies governing at Bizweni Pre-Primary and Daycare Centre:
- Children should have a CLEARLY MARKED school bag.
- Please supply a spare set of CLEARLY MARKED clothing.
- Please supply MONTHLY: 1 toilet roll, 1 box of tissues, 1 bar of soap.
Children should dress to play! Children should wear suitable shoes to play and climb in – i.e. takkies or flat sandals – no slippers or high heels. They can come barefoot in summer.
Without prior permission, JEWELLERY, BOOKS, SWEETS AND TOYS may not be brought to school. These things will be taken away by the teacher. Endless heartache is prevented if parents stick to this simple rule.
Sending Medication to School
- All medication must be sent in a plastic bag
- Medicine must be signed in with the teacher OR
- A signed letter with the name of the medicine and the amount to be taken and times.
- Medicine and bag must be clearly marked.
Medication must be handed to the child’s teacher on arrival by either the parent or responsible adult – DO NOT PLACE THE MEDICATION IN THE CHILD’S SUITCASE.
Medicine must be signed in with the teacher OR a signed letter with the name of the medicine and the amount to be taken and times.
On collecting your child please ask the teacher / aftercare teacher for the medication. IT WILL NOT BE PUT IN THE CHILD’S SUITCASE.
The medicine must be signed OUT.
2 – 3 Year Olds
The same rules that apply for the other children also apply to the toddlers. In addition we would like to emphasize the following:
Disposable nappies. Sufficient nappies to be supplied (3 – 4 per day) and clearly marked.
IMPORTANT: Your child should arrive DRY – we make sure that on collection your child is dry and ready to go home. Nappy changes: 09h45, 11h45, 14h45 and 16h45. Potty training is done at the same time.